There are many struggles and concerns that go along with parenting, but at its core, the most underlying issue to every problem we face as parents, children, friends and partners has to do with connection. Connection is a fundamental aspect to all our relationships. It is the feeling of being seen, valued and understood, and for parents and children it is essential to creating a bond that transcends all others.
Mariah Joy, a transformational parenting coach and this week’s inspired woman interviewee, says that “regardless of the first level of concerns a parent brings, at the next level it is always about some kind of discomfort or heartache.” Through each level of development, “we as parents don’t always know how to shift into the next level of connection with our children.” We feel the pain and yearning for a deeper bond but are sometimes at a loss of how to accomplish it.
After the arrival of her first child, Mariah began to explore her own values and style as it related to parenting. Although she was mindful in the life she was creating for her children, she knew there were kinks, and subconscious patterns that were keeping her from fully enjoying and creating the relationship she desired. This yearning led her to her first of several coaches and eventually her own certification as a parenting coach. Today she leads highly transformational parenting groups and works privately with clients and school faculty to promote a deeper level of connection with their children.
Creating a support network and the endeavor of striking a balance between parenting and work are paramount to Mariah. In many ways she has forged her own direction and path, holding true to her integrity of values, and choosing how to show up for her family, her clients and herself.
In this interview, Mariah shares her story of discovery surrounding her parenting style, working through the creases and developing a community of support around it. She also imparts a beautiful strategy that she teaches and uses with her own family, breaking down the priorities and daily tasks of life so that connection becomes possible every day.
THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT: Mariah Joy
Mariah Joy is a Conscious Parenting Guide working with parents and educators to cultivate deeply connected, long lasting relationships with their children and more peace and calm in their homes.
To find out more about Mariah, visit her website at www.MariahJoy.com or to email her directly: Love@MariahJoy.com
Check it out right now so you can be Less Stressed and More Inspired!
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE to The Inspired Woman Project Podcast:
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
1. To open iTunes, Click THIS LINK (if you don’t have iTunes, see iTunes Help below).
2. Under The Inspired Woman Project logo, click the little blue button “View in iTunes”
3. iTunes will open The Inspired Woman Project Podcast page. Click “SUBSCRIBE”.
You’ll find that The Inspired Woman Project Podcast icon will now appear in your Podcast menu in your iTunes Library, and the first interview is there and will download!
(If you don’t have iTunes or need iTunes help, see the iTunes tutorials listed BELOW! Just scroll down!)
OR FROM YOUR iPHONE:
1. Download or Open the Podcasts App (from the APP Store)
2. Search for The Inspired Woman Project
3. Click “SUBSCRIBE”
4. Click the My Podcasts at the bottom of the screen, and select The Inspired Woman Project. The first episode will start to download! Enjoy!
HELP US be named “NEW and NOTABLE” on iTUNES!
YOU COULD WIN 2 MEDITATIONS AND 1 PRIVATE SESSION WITH MIKKI!
Here’s what to do:
1. Subscribe to the Podcast (see instructions above to subscribe)
Or you can open iTunes, and click iTunes Store. Then search for THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT.
2. Write an iTunes Review. In the iTunes Store (not your iTunes library), under The Inspired Woman Project, just under the name, click “Ratings and Reviews”. Then click the button that says “Write a Review”. (If you are short on time, just a few words will do: ”I love The Inspired Woman Project Podcast!”)
3. Leave a comment BELOW! Leave a few words in the post comments below to let us know what you did. You can simply say “I subscribed!”, “I wrote a review!”
For extra entries you can also:
*Share the Podcast on Facebook or Twitter!
*Subscribe to our newsletter so you will be notified of new episodes AND receive your free audio and workbook: 3 Keys to Create What You Want in Your Business (& Life) – without Stress, Anxiety, Overwhelm & Guilt
And come back and leave an additional comment below, “I shared on Facebook!” or “I received my gift!”
NEED iTUNES HELP? HERE are some iTUNES TUTORIALS!
*Basic video tutorials about iTunes, such as how to download and install: click HERE.
*Basic information about iTunes and Podcasts: click HERE.
*More basic information about iTunes and Podcasts on About.com: click HERE.
As always, don’t hesitate to email with questions: email@example.com