What does it mean to be a leader, particularly if you are a woman?
The paradigm that most of us have bought into is that a leader is the one with the title, they are the CEO or the President. But what if there was another definition?
According to Lisa Marie Platske, founder of Upside thinking, Inc., a company devoted to leadership training; a Leader is the person who “holds the greatest sphere of influence.” They are the one who has that ability to leverage opportunities and have the greatest impact.
They could be the person behind the scenes who has that uncanny knack of getting things done, or hold all the secrets, or maybe they simply exude a charisma that makes people want to follow them.
As a woman we may try to mold ourselves into the male construct of our work environment, believing that we must emulate the masculine dogma in order to get ahead or even merely survive.
What Lisa Marie urges us to remember is “that the world is made for those who stand out, not for those who fit in.” When you learn to trust your own value and put yourself out there with 100% authenticity, your potential to shine on your own terms becomes reachable.
“People follow the person first, then their great plan,” states Lisa Marie. You need to be yourself, and allow others to see your greatness shine through. In order to do this you must first start with being true with yourself.
In this week’s interview, Lisa Marie reveals a personal exercise that will move you to the next level of knowing who you are and what you want, uncovering your truth in the process.
She also shares her circuitous path to entrepreneurship. Beginning her career as a Federal Law enforcement agent and eventually transitioning to owning her own company, authoring 4 books and motivating countless companies and individuals.
THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT INTERVIEW: Lisa Marie Platske
CEO of Upside Thinking, Inc. (www.UpsideThinking.com), Lisa Marie Platske creates high-performing leaders, coaching women in business from around the globe. An award-winning leadership expert and author of 4 books, she uses her action-packed Federal law enforcement journey to share what exceptional leaders do differently to seize untapped opportunities, why connection is the new currency, and how to position yourself as a stand-out expert in your industry. The founder of the Leadership Success Summit, she lives in Alexandria, VA with her loving and supportive husband, Jim.
To find out more about her visit: Upsidethinking.com
Check it out right now so you can be Less Stressed and More Inspired!
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE to The Inspired Woman Project Podcast:
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
1. To open iTunes, Click THIS LINK (if you don’t have iTunes, see iTunes Help below).
2. Under The Inspired Woman Project logo, click the little blue button “View in iTunes”
3. iTunes will open The Inspired Woman Project Podcast page. Click “SUBSCRIBE”.
You’ll find that The Inspired Woman Project Podcast icon will now appear in your Podcast menu in your iTunes Library, and the first interview is there and will download!
(If you don’t have iTunes or need iTunes help, see the iTunes tutorials listed BELOW! Just scroll down!)
OR FROM YOUR iPHONE:
1. Download or Open the Podcasts App (from the APP Store)
2. Search for The Inspired Woman Project
3. Click “SUBSCRIBE”
4. Click the My Podcasts at the bottom of the screen, and select The Inspired Woman Project. The first episode will start to download! Enjoy!
HELP US be named “NEW and NOTABLE” on iTUNES!
YOU COULD WIN 2 MEDITATIONS AND 1 PRIVATE SESSION WITH MIKKI!
Here’s what to do:
1. Subscribe to the Podcast (see instructions above to subscribe)
Or you can open iTunes, and click iTunes Store. Then search for THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT.
2. Write an iTunes Review. In the iTunes Store (not your iTunes library), under The Inspired Woman Project, just under the name, click “Ratings and Reviews”. Then click the button that says “Write a Review”. (If you are short on time, just a few words will do: ”I love The Inspired Woman Project Podcast!”)
3. Leave a comment BELOW! Leave a few words in the post comments below to let us know what you did. You can simply say “I subscribed!”, “I wrote a review!”
For extra entries you can also:
*Share the Podcast on Facebook or Twitter!
*Subscribe to our newsletter so you will be notified of new episodes AND receive your free audio and workbook: 3 Keys to Create What You Want in Your Business (& Life) – without Stress, Anxiety, Overwhelm & Guilt
And come back and leave an additional comment below, “I shared on Facebook!” or “I received my gift!”
NEED iTUNES HELP? HERE are some iTUNES TUTORIALS!
*Basic video tutorials about iTunes, such as how to download and install: click HERE.
*Basic information about iTunes and Podcasts: click HERE.
*More basic information about iTunes and Podcasts on About.com: click HERE.
As always, don’t hesitate to email with questions: email@example.com