School stress takes a toll on kids and parents. The feelings brought to the surface by both students and parents range from frustration, guilt, shame, overwhelm to even isolation. Parents feel stressed and worried about their child's future and aren't always sure how to ask for help. Students feel discouraged and unprepared to take on creative challenges.
Julie Ann Howlett, Founder of Nurturing Neurons and this week’s Inspiring Woman, has endeavored to close the navigational gap for these needs. As an educational coach, she offers her support from a scientific and holistic perspective, also informed by her own teaching experiences. She aims to not just support, but also empower women, a critical aspect for everyone involved.
The realization of doing this work did not happen overnight. In fact it took many years for Julie Ann to break free of her self-imposed paradigm. By listening to her body and any subsequent feelings of discomfort, she was able to allow her emotions to guide her and ultimately lead her to start her business.
Today, It is through a practice of self-care and her mantra of “I am safe, all will be well,” that Julie Ann has developed a way to support herself first, thereby giving her access to the compassion she extends her clients. She reminds herself daily to allow time for her brain to rest, citing that there is actual scientific data behind this belief. She allows herself imperfection, resisting the primal fear that tends to engulf her when she does not accomplish all she has set out to. And she listens to her feelings and her body to give her vital information about what comes next…
Julie Ann Howlett has much to share about her personal growth and how she came to make the jump into entrepreneurship. She shares her daily practices, her belief in the divine feminine and above all, how important her work is to her and those she serves every day.
THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT INTERVIEW: Julie Ann Howlett
Learn + Love. Education and learning need a lot of support and healing, and Julie Ann Howlett is on a mission to make just that happen. Amongst helping students and families in New Jersey, North Carolina, Alabama, and Illinois via teaching and tutoring, she has learned, lived, and breathed education in many locales. She brings to the table a unique blend of scientific understandings, brain based understandings, and learning strategies to serve you, as a parent, a caretaker, or an entrepreneur.
Check it out right now so you can be Less Stressed and More Inspired!
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE to The Inspired Woman Project Podcast:
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
1. To open iTunes, Click THIS LINK (if you don’t have iTunes, see iTunes Help below).
2. Under The Inspired Woman Project logo, click the little blue button “View in iTunes”
3. iTunes will open The Inspired Woman Project Podcast page. Click “SUBSCRIBE”.
You’ll find that The Inspired Woman Project Podcast icon will now appear in your Podcast menu in your iTunes Library, and the first interview is there and will download!
(If you don’t have iTunes or need iTunes help, see the iTunes tutorials listed BELOW! Just scroll down!)
OR FROM YOUR iPHONE:
1. Download or Open the Podcasts App (from the APP Store)
2. Search for The Inspired Woman Project
3. Click “SUBSCRIBE”
4. Click the My Podcasts at the bottom of the screen, and select The Inspired Woman Project. The first episode will start to download! Enjoy!
HELP US be named “NEW and NOTABLE” on iTUNES!
YOU COULD WIN 2 MEDITATIONS AND 1 PRIVATE SESSION WITH MIKKI!
Here’s what to do:
1. Subscribe to the Podcast (see instructions above to subscribe)
Or you can open iTunes, and click iTunes Store. Then search for THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT.
2. Write an iTunes Review. In the iTunes Store (not your iTunes library), under The Inspired Woman Project, just under the name, click “Ratings and Reviews”. Then click the button that says “Write a Review”. (If you are short on time, just a few words will do: ”I love The Inspired Woman Project Podcast!”)
3. Leave a comment BELOW! Leave a few words in the post comments below to let us know what you did. You can simply say “I subscribed!”, “I wrote a review!”
For extra entries you can also:
*Share the Podcast on Facebook or Twitter!
*Subscribe to our newsletter so you will be notified of new episodes AND receive your free audio and workbook: 3 Keys to Create What You Want in Your Business (& Life) – without Stress, Anxiety, Overwhelm & Guilt
And come back and leave an additional comment below, “I shared on Facebook!” or “I received my gift!”
NEED iTUNES HELP? HERE are some iTUNES TUTORIALS!
*Basic video tutorials about iTunes, such as how to download and install: click HERE.
*Basic information about iTunes and Podcasts: click HERE.
*More basic information about iTunes and Podcasts on About.com: click HERE.
As always, don’t hesitate to email with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org