A diagnosis of cancer is Never easy, in fact, grieving, anxiety and overwhelm are all common emotions. Yet, Dr. Lisa Price, a Naturopathic Doctor specializing in integrative cancer care, believes there is also “an ugly beautiful associated with cancer.” It will distort everything you thought you knew or understood about yourself and will test you in a way you might not have believed possible. And as devastating as this might all feel, it is also often transformational in how people begin to show up in their lives.
Time and again, Lisa sees her patients begin to look up from their lives and start paying attention to the people in their lives and the tapes that play over and over in their heads. They begin to question whether these people, this food, and those thoughts they have been going along with are actually good for them, and as Lisa says “they start cleaning house.” By the time that they get towards the end of their treatment, their lives have become more their own, taking ownership of their time and energy that feels right for them.
But Why does it take a diagnosis to illicit such a transformation in our lives?
Lisa says, “Don’t wait for cancer to happen to make a change.” She encourages us to look around at our lives and to ask ourselves, “are these things hurting us or helping us?” Watch what you are eating and how it makes you feel. Listen to your thoughts and decide whether they are serving you or not. Above all, appreciate those moments of joy, calm and connectedness right Now.
Dr. Lisa Price has much to share about her personal journey, her current path, and the gifts she is imparting to her community. She has also just released a book full of an amazing array of recipes that help support cancer patients through the different stages of their treatment.
THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT INTERVIEW: Dr. Lisa Price
Dr. Lisa Price is a licensed naturopathic doctor specializing in integrative cancer care and women's health. She was awarded a National Institute of Health Research Fellowship in 2005 to 2010, completing clinical and basic science studies in immunology and cancer. In addition to clinical practice, Dr. Price is a health commentator on New Urban Unlimited Radio Show, an adjunct faculty at Bastyr University and the author of 'Cooking through Cancer Treatment to Recovery'. She lives in Seattle Washington with her family.
To find out more about what Lisa does and to learn about her new book, check out these links below: www.cookingthroughcancer.com
Check it out right now so you can be Less Stressed and More Inspired!
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE to The Inspired Woman Project Podcast:
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
1. To open iTunes, Click THIS LINK (if you don’t have iTunes, see iTunes Help below).
2. Under The Inspired Woman Project logo, click the little blue button “View in iTunes”
3. iTunes will open The Inspired Woman Project Podcast page. Click “SUBSCRIBE”.
You’ll find that The Inspired Woman Project Podcast icon will now appear in your Podcast menu in your iTunes Library, and the first interview is there and will download!
(If you don’t have iTunes or need iTunes help, see the iTunes tutorials listed BELOW! Just scroll down!)
OR FROM YOUR iPHONE:
1. Download or Open the Podcasts App (from the APP Store)
2. Search for The Inspired Woman Project
3. Click “SUBSCRIBE”
4. Click the My Podcasts at the bottom of the screen, and select The Inspired Woman Project. The first episode will start to download! Enjoy!
HELP US be named “NEW and NOTABLE” on iTUNES!
YOU COULD WIN 2 MEDITATIONS AND 1 PRIVATE SESSION WITH MIKKI!
Here’s what to do:
1. Subscribe to the Podcast (see instructions above to subscribe)
Or you can open iTunes, and click iTunes Store. Then search for THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT.
2. Write an iTunes Review. In the iTunes Store (not your iTunes library), under The Inspired Woman Project, just under the name, click “Ratings and Reviews”. Then click the button that says “Write a Review”. (If you are short on time, just a few words will do: ”I love The Inspired Woman Project Podcast!”)
3. Leave a comment BELOW! Leave a few words in the post comments below to let us know what you did. You can simply say “I subscribed!”, “I wrote a review!”
For extra entries you can also:
*Share the Podcast on Facebook or Twitter!
*Subscribe to our newsletter so you will be notified of new episodes AND receive your free audio and workbook: 3 Keys to Create What You Want in Your Business (& Life) – without Stress, Anxiety, Overwhelm & Guilt
And come back and leave an additional comment below, “I shared on Facebook!” or “I received my gift!”
NEED iTUNES HELP? HERE are some iTUNES TUTORIALS!
*Basic video tutorials about iTunes, such as how to download and install: click HERE.
*Basic information about iTunes and Podcasts: click HERE.
*More basic information about iTunes and Podcasts on About.com: click HERE.
As always, don’t hesitate to email with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org