Are you struggling to find the time to get it all done?
On the elusive quest for perfection and balance, we often find ourselves in a constant state of overwhelm, guilt and the feeling that there is just never enough time. These thoughts can be crushing to our inspiration and our passion toward our work and our lives. In the latest interview on the Inspired Woman Project, Megan Flatt (meganflatt.com) explains how we can have it all by working on the emotional and logistical challenges of getting it all done.
The first step in organizing our life, because it is all life, says Megan, is to get really clear on our priorities. It may seem counter-intuitive, but “whenever you are feeling overwhelmed by all the things you have to do, get more overwhelmed,” states Megan. If you can imagine it as dumping out all the pieces to a puzzle on the table; first you sort, then you prioritize the edges of the framework and eventually you fit the pieces into a discernible pattern.
Now, imagine your time in this way. There is enough of it, you simply need to get clear on what it’s being used for. Dump it out on the table, write a list, prioritize it into blocks of manageable time on your calendar and you will begin to see the pattern of where to place the things that hold the most value. If you know your brain works best in the morning, plan your brain powered work for that time period. If your family is all gathered in the evening, block out that time for them. You will find that you can accomplish what you need to do and then be present for those you want to spend quality time with.
Hope you will join me in listening to Megan as she delves further into these strategies, her personal story and her philosophy of how you can “grow you empire, rock motherhood and love your life.”
THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT INTERVIEW: MEGAN FLATT
Megan Flatt is a business consultant and time management strategist for busy moms who want to grow their dream businesses while remaining present in the day-to-day lives of their kids. She is in constant pursuit of the perfect to-do list and the perfect vanilla latte.
Check it out right now so you can be Less Stressed and More Inspired!
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE to The Inspired Woman Project Podcast:
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
1. To open iTunes, Click THIS LINK (if you don’t have iTunes, see iTunes Help below).
2. Under The Inspired Woman Project logo, click the little blue button “View in iTunes”
3. iTunes will open The Inspired Woman Project Podcast page. Click “SUBSCRIBE”.
You’ll find that The Inspired Woman Project Podcast icon will now appear in your Podcast menu in your iTunes Library, and the first interview is there and will download!
(If you don’t have iTunes or need iTunes help, see the iTunes tutorials listed BELOW! Just scroll down!)
OR FROM YOUR iPHONE:
1. Download or Open the Podcasts App (from the APP Store)
2. Search for The Inspired Woman Project
3. Click “SUBSCRIBE”
4. Click the My Podcasts at the bottom of the screen, and select The Inspired Woman Project. The first episode will start to download! Enjoy!
HELP US be named “NEW and NOTABLE” on iTUNES!
YOU COULD WIN 2 MEDITATIONS AND 1 PRIVATE SESSION WITH MIKKI!
Here’s what to do:
1. Subscribe to the Podcast (see instructions above to subscribe)
Or you can open iTunes, and click iTunes Store. Then search for THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT.
2. Write an iTunes Review. In the iTunes Store (not your iTunes library), under The Inspired Woman Project, just under the name, click “Ratings and Reviews”. Then click the button that says “Write a Review”. (If you are short on time, just a few words will do: ”I love The Inspired Woman Project Podcast!”)
3. Leave a comment BELOW! Leave a few words in the post comments below to let us know what you did. You can simply say “I subscribed!”, “I wrote a review!”
For extra entries you can also:
*Share the Podcast on Facebook or Twitter!
*Subscribe to our newsletter so you will be notified of new episodes AND receive your free audio and workbook: 3 Keys to Create What You Want in Your Business (& Life) – without Stress, Anxiety, Overwhelm & Guilt
And come back and leave an additional comment below, “I shared on Facebook!” or “I received my gift!”
NEED iTUNES HELP? HERE are some iTUNES TUTORIALS!
*Basic video tutorials about iTunes, such as how to download and install: click HERE.
*Basic information about iTunes and Podcasts: click HERE.
*More basic information about iTunes and Podcasts on About.com: click HERE.
As always, don’t hesitate to email with questions: email@example.com