Why are so many of us afraid to admit that parenting is hard; that being a mom isn’t enough to completely fulfill us and that sometimes we just don’t do it very well?
This week’s interview with Dr. Karen Osburn sheds some much needed light on the topic of motherhood. At 41, Karen became a first time mom and was confronted with both the joy and demands of being a mom. Instead of support among women, she found a lot of comparing and what she calls mommy shaming. Why was no one talking about how hard this was? Why did women feel that they were supposed to be perfect? Karen recognized that the honest, raw and real conversations were not being had by so many women, and she decided it was time to break the silence.
For many years Karen has been blogging on health and nutrition issues, but as the job of parenting started to weigh on her, she began to include some posts on parenting. To her joy and amazement, women responded in droves, and her website momat41.com was born. Karen designed her site to be a forum of honesty on motherhood, to encourage women to embrace and accept their imperfections, and to inspire a community of moms towards support and not shame. She states that once we allow ourselves to be honest and thus vulnerable, that’s when the magic happens….
The Inspired Woman Project Interview: Karen Osburn
Dr. Karen Osburn is a Passionate Chiropractor, Adoptive Momma to her two sons, Tyson and Kai, Podcaster, Blogger, Desire Map Facilitator, doTERRA Wellness Advocate and Wife. She is the creator and founder of Mom at 41: Embracing Imperfect Moms Everywhere.
Mom at 41(www.momat41.com/itunes) is a Podcast that quickly rose to the top of the iTunes chart after it launched at the end of July 2014. It also includes a weekly Blog, Newsletter, Desire Map Coaching, and a Facebook Community that discusses the challenges of being a mom, and the support, inspiration, and tools to help.
Get the BONUS: 30 Day Momma Meditation Experience (mentioned in podcast as a gift to your listeners: http://www.momat41.com/inspiredwomanpodcast
Want to be in the know with The Inspired Woman Project interviews? Sign up for our newsletter.
Check it out right now so you can be Less Stressed and More Inspired!
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE to The Inspired Woman Project Podcast:
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
1. To open iTunes, Click THIS LINK (if you don’t have iTunes, see iTunes Help below).
2. Under The Inspired Woman Project logo, click the little blue button “View in iTunes”
3. iTunes will open The Inspired Woman Project Podcast page. Click “SUBSCRIBE”.
You’ll find that The Inspired Woman Project Podcast icon will now appear in your Podcast menu in your iTunes Library, and the first interview is there and will download!
(If you don’t have iTunes or need iTunes help, see the iTunes tutorials listed BELOW! Just scroll down!)
OR FROM YOUR iPHONE:
1. Download or Open the Podcasts App (from the APP Store)
2. Search for The Inspired Woman Project
3. Click “SUBSCRIBE”
4. Click the My Podcasts at the bottom of the screen, and select The Inspired Woman Project. The first episode will start to download! Enjoy!
HELP US be named “NEW and NOTABLE” on iTUNES!
You could win 2 Meditations and 1 Private Session with Mikki!
Here’s what to do:
1. Subscribe to the Podcast (see instructions above to subscribe)
Or you can open iTunes, and click iTunes Store. Then search for THE INSPIRED WOMAN PROJECT.
2. Write an iTunes Review. In the iTunes Store (not your iTunes library), under The Inspired Woman Project, just under the name, click “Ratings and Reviews”. Then click the button that says “Write a Review”. (If you are short on time, just a few words will do: ”I love The Inspired Woman Project Podcast!”)
3. Leave a comment BELOW! Leave a few words in the post comments below to let us know what you did. You can simply say “I subscribed!”, “I wrote a review!”
For extra entries you can also:
*Share the Podcast on Facebook or Twitter!
*Subscribe to our newsletter so you will be notified of new episodes AND receive your free audio and workbook: 3 Keys to Create What You Want in Your Business (& Life) – without Stress, Anxiety, Overwhelm & Guilt
And come back and leave an additional comment below, “I shared on Facebook!” or “I received my gift!”
NEED iTUNES HELP? HERE are some iTUNES TUTORIALS!
*Basic video tutorials about iTunes, such as how to download and install: click HERE.
*Basic information about iTunes and Podcasts: click HERE.
*More basic information about iTunes and Podcasts on About.com: click HERE.
As always, don’t hesitate to email with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.